Self Testing (SFT)
How you prepare for a test depends largely on the actual steps you take to make sure you understand the content. This is called self-testing, and if done properly can have a positive impact on your course grades.
Here are a few questions:
- Do you review before a test?
- How do you study for a test?
- Do you stop periodically while reading to review the content?
Success in college depends on your:
- Use of techniques in order to determine level of comprehension
- Use of reviewing material to increase comprehension
If you have problems with self testing, you may want to:
- Learn techniques for information review
- Monitor level of understanding of information
- Increase ability to apply what is being learned
Students should attend these online workshops:
- Preparing for Final Exams
- Test Preparation & Test Strategies
- Preparing for Academic Success
- About Us
- Peer Mentors
- Study Strategies
- CONNECT Application
- CONNECT STEM