The ability to concentrate on your coursework and complete assignments in the time alloted are central to your success in college. There is not one specific way to concentrate, but are many ways you contribute to your ability to do so.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Are you easily distracted?
- Can you direct your attention to school tasks?
- Do you know when you need a change in your study environment?
Success in college depends on your:
- Ability to direct and maintain attention on academic tasks
- Ability to reduce the effects of outside negative stimulus upon ability to complete their goals
If you have problems concentrating, you should:
- Learn to monitor level of concentration
- Learn techniques to redirect attention and eliminate interfering thoughts or feelings
Students should review these online workshops:
- Concentration & Remembering
- Preparing for Academic Success
Students may also use these campus resources:
- Counseling Services
- About Us
- Peer Mentors
- Study Strategies
- CONNECT Application
- CONNECT STEM