CI-UNH announces deadline extension for the “China through My Lens” photo contest
February 8, 2012
The original deadline was Jan 26th of 2012. The new deadline is June 26, 2012 so more people will be able to participate. Please refer to the original announcement, below, for details.
October 13, 2011
The “China through My Lens” photo contest is open to all NH students, teachers, and community members.
• You may submit up to three photos you took in China in recent years.
• The photos should be no larger than 600x800px and below 300K each in JPG files (in Photoshop, use "save for web device" instead of "save as").
• Your submission should have your caption as well as your personal info attached.
• Your photos should be original in either black and white or color.
• You can also mail a disc or USB to CI-UNH, Murkland G14, UNH, Durham 03824 if you don’t know how to edit photos yourself.
A five-person panel will judge and select the winners. The panel will choose one Grand Prize winner, one 2nd Prize winner, three 3rd Prize winners, and five Honorable Mentions.
The Grand Prize winner will receive $300, Yige Wang’s photo album Roads To Tibet, and a CI-UNH T-shirt. The 2nd Prize winner will receive $200, the album, and a CI-UNH T-shirt. The 3rd Prize winners will receive $100, one album, and one CI-UNH T-shirt each. The Honorable Mentions will receive one album and one CI-UNH T-shirt each.
Winners will be announced on January 26 at the CI-UNH Chinese New Year Gala in Johnson Theatre, UNH. CI-UNH will make advanced announcement for that celebration event.
This contest starts now and ends on January 22nd. Winners’ photos plus some selected ones will be featured on CI-UNH’s website. We may ask for your original files in the future for possible exhibitions.
Please send your submissions to email@example.com.