Dr. Tat Fu
University of New Hampshire
Department of Civil Engineering
Kingsbury Hall W133
33 Academic Way
Durham, NH 03824
Research Group: Structural Engineering and Materials
- Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, 2009
- M.B.S. (Master of Building Science), Architecture, USC, 2007
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, USC, 2006
- M.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, USC, 2004
- B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, USC, 2003
Civil Engineering: structural dynamics, structural control and health monitoring, structural design, computational stochastic dynamics, earthquake engineering, sustainable civil infrastructure, high speed rail, water distribution system
Electrical Engineering: wireless sensor networks, control systems, system identification
Architecture: sustainability, building energy modeling and analysis, efficient building design
Multidisciplinary Research: system integration, multi-functional design, interdependence of systems, multivariate optimization
Honors and Awards
NSF award (IIP 14-30260), “ PFI:BIC: The Living Bridge: The Future of Smart, Sustainable, User-Centered Transportation Infrastructure”, 2014-2017.
NSF award (CBET 13-36824), “Wireless Occupancy Detection to Improve Building Energy Efficiency,” 2014-2017.
NSF award (CMMI 12-28074), “BRIGE: Integrating Structural Control and Double Skin Façades for Building Safety and Energy Efficiency,” 2012-2015.
NSF award (CMMI 13-42020), “RAPID: Structural Damage Data Collection and Analysis of a Recently Damaged Bridge,” 2013-2014.
Summer Faculty Fellowship, UNH Graduate School, 2012
Outstanding Research Assistant Award, USC Civil Engineering, 2009
Doctoral Fellowship, USC School of Engineering, 2004-2008
Green Building Design
Structural ControlRisk Analysis in Civil Engineering
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional
- EIT (Engineer in Training), certified in California
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Member
- ASCE Engineering Mechanic Institute (EMI) Structural Health Monitoring and Control (SHMC) Committee – Member
- Golden Key International Honour Society – Member
- Chi Epsilon, National Civil Engineering Honors Society – Member
Bardet, J.P., Fu, T., and Davis, C., 2014. “Failure of Street Pavements due to Underground Water Pipeline Breaks,” Journal of the America Water Works Association (AWWA), (in press).
Fu, T., and Johnson, E., 2014. “Active Control for a Distributed Mass Damper System,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 140(2), 426–429.
Fu, T., and Johnson, E., 2014. “Structural Health Monitoring for a Distributed Mass Damper System,” Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 21(2), 189–204.
Fu, T., Ghosh A., Johnson, E.A. and Krishnamachari, B., 2012. “Energy-efficient deployment strategies in structural health monitoring using wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 20(6), 971-986 (first published online on 8/6/2012).
Fu, T., and Johnson, E., 2011. “Distributed Mass Damper System for Integrating Structural and Environmental Controls in Buildings,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 137(3), 205-213.
Chintalapudi, K., Fu, T., Paek, J., Kothari, N., Rangwala, S., Caffrey, J., Govindan, R., Johnson, E., and Masri, S., 2006. “Monitoring Civil Structures with a Wireless Sensor Network,” IEEE Internet Computing, March/April 2006, 26-34.
- About Us
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Visit Us
- Contact Us