The mission of the Advisory Board is to help the Civil Engineering Department achieve its academic mission. The advisory board is comprised of practitioners from consulting firms, private practice, construction companies, government agencies and educational institutions committed to academic excellence in undergraduate education. Following are some of the primary roles of the advisory board:
- Advise faculty on desired program outcomes, learning objectives, and other educational issues, as constituents representing the community of employers of graduates
- Provide advice on the needs of and trends within engineering practice
- Provide and access resources for the department, to include serving as a fund-raising body
- Help recruit practitioners to support faculty’s needs for adjunct instruction
- Serve as industry contacts for faculty
- Promote industry support for internship programs
- Support department research activities
- Serve as a lobby group for civil engineering education causes
The board shall consist of professionals from all pertinent Civil Engineering disciplines with experience in the public and private sector. At the advice of the department faculty, twelve members were selected and were appointed by the Chair of the Civil Engineering Department for a three year term (renewable).
The advisory board will meet a minimum of twice per year, for about one day each time. Prior to each meeting, the Chair of the Advisory Board in close consultation with the Chair of the Civil Engineering Department will issue an agenda for distribution to all board members and the Civil Engineering faculty.
Advisory Board Members
Anthony D. Coviello
Todd M. Fratzel
James W. Gallagher, Jr.
Marya E. Gorczyca
Dana N. Humphrey
Matthew J. Low, P.E.
Duncan C. Mellor
Gregg M. Mikolaities
Charles E. Pierce
Stephen B. Ransom
- About Us
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Visit Us
- Contact Us