Pedro de Alba Lecture Video: GEOSYNTHETIC REINFORCED SOIL:FROM THE EXPERIMENTAL TO THE FAMILIAR
Dr. Robert D. Holtz, PhD, PE, D.GE
Professor Emeritus – University of Washington
2014 Fall Lecture Video: ADVANCING INNOVATION IN TRANSPORTATION
Gregory G. Nadeau
Acting Administrator of Federal Highway Administration
- Professor Benoit Speaks on the OSO, Washington Slope Failure at the NSPE 2015 Annual Conference in Seattle Washington, July 16, 2015.
- Members of the Water Treatment Technology Assistance Center enjoyed the reception, and especially the buffet, at the Hazen & Sawyer greeting conducted at the Astor Classic Car Museum and as part of the AWWA Annual Conference and Exposition recently held in Anaheim (CA) on June 8-10, 2015.
- 2015 Civil & Environmental Senior Photo
- Professor Jennifer Jacobs in the news
- Professor Jo Daniel receives 2015-16 Fulbright U.S. Scholar grant
- Dr. Raymond A. Cook is quoted sharing his roof-loading wisdom in this article in the Concord Monitor
- 'Living Bridge' Could Monitor Itself and Its Environment
- Professor Medina gives talk in Innbruck, Austria: Protecting Lives and the Built Environment Through Research in Earthquake Engineering
- Good, Clean (Safe) Fun - Prof. Kinner showers for lab safety - http://unh.edu/unhtoday/2014/11/good-clean-safe-fun
- CONGRATULATIONS David J. Mensching! Winner of the 14th International Contest on Long-Term Pavement Performance Data Analysis. Sponsored by ASCE and FHWA.
- STEM Majors on the Rise: The Numbers tell the Story
- Professor Tapped to Investigate Washington State Landslide
- Wildcats in Washington (Paul Kirshen)
- Research Professor Paul Kershin – “Building Shelter From the Storm”
- Dr. Kinner has received the University Professorship honor for outstanding contributions to the field and to the university community.
- Congratulations Dr. Ray Cook on winning the 2012 Jean Brierley Excellence in Teaching Award!
- Engineers Without Borders - Potable Water Source Implementation
Welcome to the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of New Hampshire. We appreciate your visit!
Civil and environmental engineering are broad and diverse engineering disciplines that encompass the design, construction, assessment and maintenance of the constructed and natural infrastructure of society. This infrastructure includes dams, water treatment plants, highways, bridges, tunnels, irrigation canals, traffic control systems, skyscrapers, airport runways and mass transit systems, just to name a few. Our role in society is to promote sustainable development of ours and future generations.
Building a Better Oil Spill Response
What happens to spilled oil on the bottom of a body of water? With a unique oil flume, UNH professor Nancy Kinner and undergraduates are working to find out. Their findings could improve oil spill response.
Hillside Middle School Visit
On June 5, 2015, 110 seventh graders visited UNH to learn about Engineering. They bought structures they built to be tested on the shake table. Read more…
- About Us
- Sort by Reseach
- Thomas Ballestero
- Erin Bell
- Jean Benoit
- M. Robin Collins
- Raymond Cook
- Jo Sias Daniel
- Eshan Dave
- Tat Fu
- Kevin Gardner
- Majid Ghayoomi
- Charles Goodspeed
- David Gress
- Robert Henry
- Jennifer Jacobs
- Nancy Kinner
- Paul Kirshen
- Anne Lightbody
- James Malley
- Ricardo Medina
- Jeffrey Melton
- Weiwei Mo
- Alison Watts
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Visit Us
- Contact Us