Advising FAQs

How does international transfer credit work at UNH?

Students must receive the equivalent of a U.S.  ‘C’ or better in order to receive transfer credit from abroad.  Grades are recorded on the transcript, but not calculated in the GPA.

Is it possible to study abroad if a student is in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (CEPS) or Life Sciences and Agriculture (COLSA)?

Yes, we have a comprehensive list of over 500 programs in 70 countries worldwide.  There are many opportunities for students in all academic disciplines.

How do I fill out the Study Abroad Planning form?

Details are here

Can I request additional course information/syllabi for the Study Abroad Planning form?

Yes, have the student get in touch with their program provider or their Study Abroad Advisor.

I received a course registration/planning form from a program provider. What should I do with it?

Please forward it to a Study Abroad Advisor at the Center for International Education.

Can students study abroad in their Senior year?

Yes, they can with the approval of their major department. However, the transcript may come in late and cause an issue for graduation or applying to grad school. CIE cannot guarantee when transfer credit appears on the UNH transcript. CIE and Registrar’s Office give high priority to processing. Students are responsible for completing all required graduation paperwork while abroad.

How do I develop a study abroad course/UNH Managed program?

Refer to the CIE faculty development section.