Additional Optional Coverage
International travelers on UNH-related activities can purchase plans to cover accompanying family members, extend coverage for personal travel immediately preceding or following the official UNH travel, and provide trip cancellation/interruption insurance. These options can be purchased directly from the providers at discounted rates.
To exactly duplicate the UNH plan, you will need to purchase medical insurance from UHP (University Health Plans) and the Global Traveler plan from International SOS. Below are links to the requisite forms:
- UHP Spouse/Dependent Enroll — Use this form if a spouse or dependent will be accompanying you on your UNH-related travel and you want to purchase international accident and sickness insurance for them.
- UHP Extended Travel Enroll — Use this form if you will be engaging in personal travel before, after or in between your UNH-related travel and you want to purchase international accident and sickness insurance for your personal travel.
- Int'l SOS Family/Extended (Personal Travel) Enroll — Follow this link to purchase International SOS Global Traveler assistance and emergency services for accompanying family members and additional personal travel.
- UHP Trip Cancel/Interrupt Enroll — University Health Plans (UHP) has made available trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance. Follow this link to read the coverage details and purchase this plan.
Purchasing the medical insurance separately through UHP is advantageous because of the lower price for greater medical coverage (but no trip cancellation). However, you can purchase both medical insurance and travel assistance services online with a credit card directly from International SOS.
The International SOS insured medical plans are called Global Travel Medical or Global Traveler Premier. The difference between these two plans is the amount of medical and trip cancellation insurance. Global Travel Medical is up to $500,000 medical insurance with limited trip cancellation and Global Traveler Premier is up to $100,000 medical with comprehensive trip cancellation. Costs vary depending on length of trip and destination.
- About CIE
- International Affairs Dual Major / Minor
- Why IA?
- What is a Dual Major?
- IA DUAL MAJOR: Policy, Curriculum & Requirements
- IA MINOR: Policy, Curriculum & Requirements
- Advising and Registration
- Career Planning
- IA Profiles
- IA Faculty
- IA Alumni
- FAQs for IA Students
- IA Peer Mentors
- Study Abroad
- Getting Started
- Applied - Accepted
- While Abroad
- Returning to UNH
- Documents & Forms
- Study Abroad FAQs
- Faculty & Advisors
- Study Abroad Programs
- Incoming International Exchange Students
- Outgoing International Exchange Students
- The World at UNH
- UNH Int'l Travel Policies & Resources
- International Travel Assistance & Insurance Program
- Policy on International Travel Risk Review (ITRR)
- International Travel Registry
- Developing UNH-Managed Study Abroad Programs
- International Agreements
- Risk Management Tools