Spend the Balance in Your HRA by Dec. 31 or Forfeit

Spend the Balance in Your HRA by Dec. 31 or Forfeit

Monday, December 16, 2013

Employees who still have more than $25 in their Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) need to spend the money before Dec. 31, 2013 or forfeit the remainder. 

The funds can be used only for eligible medical, dental and/or vision care expenses, including co-pays, prescription drugs and eligible over-the-counter healthcare related items such as bandages, contact lens cleaning solutions, and thermometers. 

Log into the Wageworks website for a list of eligible expenses. You can also check your HRA balance there or by contacting Wageworks customer service at 1-877-924-3967. 

To get reimbursed for medical expenses, provide your receipts and use one of these convenient payment options: 

  • WageWorks health care card: Use it instead of cash at health care providers and wherever accepted for health-related services and health expenses. 

  • "Pay Me Back" online or paper: File a claim online, by fax, or mail for reimbursement. 

  • Read more about HRA reimbursements here or contact HR at 2-0547 if you have any questions or require additional information.