This page contains instructions not only for completion of the application form but also for later stages of enrollment.
1. Please complete the COLA Study Abroad application form online at www.unh.edu/cola-study-abroad, then complete the Cambridge Program supplement form.
2. Answer all the questions, print and sign the application forms. There are three options for submitting them:
- scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- hand in person to the COLA Center for Study Abroad, or
- mail to the following address:
UNH Cambridge Summer Program
COLA Center for Study Abroad, 116 Murkland Hall
15 Library Way
Durham, NH 03824-3574
3. Make application fee check payable to the University of New Hampshire.
4. Forward unofficial or official transcripts from EACH college and graduate school where you have taken courses.
5. Obtain two passport-sized photos (can be done at most pharmacies or US Post Offices, or at UNH Photographic Services on Level G of Dimond Library)
6. Submit scan of passport bio page. If you do not already have a passport, e-mail email@example.com to let us know. We urge you to apply for one as soon as possible.
5. Request that a faculty member send the recommendation form as soon as possible.
6. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Applicants are notified of the admission committee’s decision within two or three weeks after an application is completed.
7. Students who accept our invitation to join the program should respond within two weeks, including a $300 nonrefundable deposit which will be applied toward the total program fee. Since the number of places is limited, it may not be possible to hold an offered place beyond this time.
8. Students who wish to participate in the Bonus Weekend must pay an additional nonrefundable Bonus Weekend fee by March 8. The fee will be refunded to late applicants who are not invited to join the program. For those who are offered a place, the fee is nonrefundable.
9. If a student applies before the early application deadline of January 25, the $35 application fee is waived. The normal deadline for applications is March 8. Most students apply well before that time; however, if spaces remain in the program after the deadline, applications will be accepted until May 1.
11. After March 8, the $300 deposit must accompany all applications, along with the $35 application fee. The $300 deposit will be refunded to late applicants who are not invited to join the program. For those who are offered a place, the $300 is nonrefundable.
12. All payments should be made in U.S. dollars.
13. The University of New Hampshire mandates different tuition rates for residents and non-residents, and for undergraduates and graduate students. In addition, the Cambridge Summer Program imposes a common student fee to cover room and board, excursions, and other program benefits. Textbooks, lunches, dinners on Fridays and Saturdays, transportation to and from England, and the Bonus Weekend are NOT included.