Financial Checklist for New Students

Set up your accounts

Blackboard/MyUNH: set up your Blackboard/My UNH account
  • Check your Wildcats Mail in order to receive billing notifications
Parent Portal: set-up authorized payers on the Parent Portal
  • Once set up, Parent Portal users will receive billing notifications.
  • Portal users can make online payments and view the account and bill statements.

Review your tuition bill

Access your bill via MyUNH → Webcat Services → Student Bill/Clearance Status
Review your tuition bill
Course fees are applied based on registration at the time of your tuition bill.
  • If you add or drop a course after that date your account will be updated by the end of the add/drop period
  • If you need an immediate adjustment, please contact Business Services
Fall tuition bills are due early August; Spring tuition bills are due early December - see Billing & Payment for specific billing dates and due dates  
Payments can be made online or sent to UNH Business Services, 11 Garrison Avenue, Durham, NH 03824
Send FAFSA to UNH - visit

Check Your Clearance Status

View your Clearance status via MyUNH → Webcat Services → Student Bill/Clearance Status
Clearance evaluates the financial standing of your student account
To be cleared or provisionally cleared be sure you pay any balance due and complete loan requirements
  • Sign the Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans and Perkins Loans if awarded
  • Complete the Entrance Counseling for Direct Loans and Perkins Loans if awarded
  • If you are declining your Federal Loan use the decline/change form
    • Note: declining loans will increase your Net Balance Due

Additional Financial Options and Information

Monthly Payments: UNH offers a monthly payment option through Tuition Management Systems.To set-up a plan please visit the Tuition Management System (TMS) website or call (800)722-4867
Tuition Insurance: Optional tuition insurance in the event of medical withdrawal is available through DEWAR tuition insurance
Outside Scholarships: If you have received scholarships from outside the university, please review outside scholarships so that the expected funds can be reflected on your bill
Alternative Loans: Information regarding alternative financing options are available from the Financial Aid Office.  These options include Parent PLUS loans and private loans
Tax Reporting (1098-T): Please be sure that we have the student's Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and up-to-date permanent mailing address to ensure that a 1098-T will be received. See Tax Information for details and access to form W-9S for updating your SSN or TIN.

Part-Time Students

Durham undergraduate students are billed based on a full-time course load (12-20 credits).
  • If you expect to register for fewer than 12 credits, contact Business Services via the Account Change Form to have your bill adjusted accordingly (please include the expected number of credits)

*You are viewing pages printed from
These pages appear differently when viewed online.

If you are the owner of this site and you would like to print the page as it appears online, please refer to the file "QuickStart.html" for instructions.